The Elderberry Co. exists to empower families with a natural and effective way to fight colds, flu and allergies with elderberry products.
Stay-at-home mom, Jenny Watson, founded the company in 2017 in response to the numerous requests she received for jars of her homemade elderberry syrup. She started the business in her home, making a single batch each week and sharing the jars with customers who picked them up at house.
Today, The Elderberry Co. is one of the fastest growing elderberry companies offering elderberry syrup made with raw honey. Fresh batches are made weekly and shipped to customers across the nation.
The Elderberry Co. was founded on the success of its flagship product: Elderberry Syrup.
The syrup is deep purple in color, tastes like Christmas (once you taste it, you’ll understand!), and has a significantly thinner consistency than a typical cough syrup. Although it may sound like something that belongs in Harry Potter, this elixir only seems like magic.
Elderberry syrup is an immune boosting, anti-inflammatory, anti-viral food product that is jam-packed with antioxidants. It has a reputation for dramatically reducing the symptoms of seasonal allergies, decreasing the duration and severity of colds and flus, and more.
Basic health science teaches that eating healthful food makes a body healthy, but it’s not always easy to get the nutrients that you – or your family – need regularly. Swallowing just ONE spoonful of this sweet, spiced syrup activates your immune system and gives your body extra tools to fight off painful and frustrating symptoms.
The Elderberry Co. prides itself on the simplicity of our recipe, as well as the quality of our 6 organic ingredients.
- Elderberries (of course): Purple/black berries that are rich in flavonoids; known for anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties
- Aronia Berries: Fiber-rich and the highest-antioxidant fruit known to man (https://www.superberries.com/health-benefits); its micronutrients are thought to prevent cancer and cardiovascular diseases
- Ginger: Flavorful root plant, long-used as home remedy for nausea; Powerful anti-inflammatory; Filled with antioxidants
- Ceylon Cinnamon: Antifungal and antibacterial agent that works as a natural anticoagulant and anti-inflammator; it is more rare and has a more delicate in taste than what you’ll find in a common grocery store; Ceylon cinnamon (as opposed to Cassia cinnamon) doesn’t contain the toxins that Cassia cinnamon does
- Clove: Dried flower bud that brings the taste of Christmas into the syrup; Contains high levels of manganese, an essential mineral for bone growth and normal brain/nervous system function
- Raw Honey: Antiviral, antifungal, antibacterial substance that sweetens our syrup while helping stabilize blood sugar levels, promoting digestive health, and possibly even lowering cholesterol; Processed honey doesn’t provide these same benefits, as the pasteurization process eliminates honey’s beneficial enzymes and vitamins.
(Remember: Never give honey to children under 12 months of age whether it’s raw or processed!)
The first 5 of our ingredients are sourced from co-ops from around the U.S.A. Our raw honey is produced by local bees in The Elderberry Co.’s home city of New Albany, Indiana.
JUST A SPOONFUL
It’s easy to get your elderberry fix, and there’s no ONE right way to do it. While some people prefer to drink their syrup in response to oncoming symptoms, others take it daily to prevent potential illness.
Regardless of your preference, keep these 2 guidelines in mind:
- Once daily for preventative measures.
- Up to 3x daily when actively fighting colds/flus/allergies
- 1 TBS for adults
- 1 tsp for children
- Do not serve Elderberry Syrup with Honey to children under 12 months of age
Most elderberry fans love the taste of The Elderberry Co.’s syrup and prefer to drink it straight. However, the syrup remains effective when mixed with any food or drink. Toddlers will be none the wiser if a serving of elderberry syrup gets mixed into their juice. Neither will picky adults.
JOIN THE MOVEMENT
If you’re sick of feeling powerless against germs and illness, join us. Our community of empowered mommas are working together to fight colds, flus, and allergies the natural way.
Order your elderberry products today at www.theelderberryco.com