Ugh, allergies…specifically outdoor seasonal allergies can be so irritating and inconvenient. We live in the Ohio River Valley which often causes tons of allergy issues, especially in spring and fall. The snotty noses, constant sneezing, itchy eyes. It can be miserable! As moms, we dread those symptoms in our kiddos cause it often means sleepless nights and fussy attitudes. Finding natural and inexpensive ways to alleviate allergies can be a daunting task. We hear from SO MANY customers about our syrup and honey keeping our customers healthy during high pollen seasons. Below are some more natural remedies I have come across that can help your family fight off seasonal allergies. As always, I’m not a doctor and encourage you to ask your doctor before starting any regimen. My hope is that these ideas can keep you and your family active and healthy all year long!
- Raw Honey- The bees in your backyard are pollinating the plants that could be causing your allergies. By eating the honey of bees local to your area, your body can begin to build up immunities to your local allergens. In addition, raw honey (as opposed to processed honey) contains natural enzymes that can promote your health and wellness. We have an amazing and delicious product line of raw honeys, check them out here. We offer many infused flavors of raw honey, like vanilla, as well as, regular raw honey.
- Humidifier- I don’t know any parent who hasn’t used a humidifier in their kid’s rooms to help with either a cold or allergies. They increase the humidity and purify the air. Rotating filter discs submerged in water remove larger pathogens (bacteria and viruses) and irritants from the air. These humidifiers need more regular cleaning and maintenance, but they can offer more allergy relief by filtering out pollen and dust.
- Lowering sugar intake- Even in small amounts sugar suppresses immunity and worsens viral infections
- Vitamin C- Vitamin C is an immune booster to help your body fight against viruses and bacteria, It also aids in the support of a healthy immune system when it comes to allergies. Our Elderberry Gummies are a great source of Vitamin C, check them out here.
- Essential oils- peppermint, eucalyptus, frankincense OR Lavender, lemon, and Peppermint are commonly used blend for allergies and healthy breathing. Many people will diffuse these in their homes to purify the air around them and safely experience the benefits of essential oils. Looking for a trustworthy company to get essential oils? Jubilee of Wellness is a dear friend of mine and the quality of her oils is AMAZING! You can order from her website or if you are local, we sell her oils at our shop in New Albany, IN.
If you’re reading this with a houseful of kids plagued with allergies (or maybe you’re the one suffering), know that you are NOT alone! As frustrating as the symptoms can be, we hear all the time about these natural ways providing relief for our customers. Interested in trying our Elderberry Syrup or Gummies? Use code BREATHEEASY10 to get 10% off your order! Happy Spring!